Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Life Is Weird!

I went to my 20th high school reunion last Saturday. It was weird. I was struck by how different the guys looked. I saw my 8th grade boyfriend and I would not have been able to pick him out of a crowd! The same people who didn't talk to me in high school didn't talk to me at the reunion. My friend Tina, GOD BLESS HER, called me randomly on Saturday to see if I wanted to get together and I asked her if she was going to the reunion...she said she hadn't signed up.... she said she'd see if she still could...she came! Yeah! To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it at all. My friend Jennifer talked me into going and then didn't end up going, so I was dreading it; however, I paid 80 something dollars a person to go, so we went. We ended up having a good time even though if was 113 degrees and the air conditioning wasn't very good. You'd think in Palm Desert they would make sure the air conditioning worked well! During the reunion they played a slide show and I was actually in a few of the pictures, who knew? I also saw a guy's photo album and there was a picture of me in a bikini! He said, "Is that you." It clearly was, so I said, "Yeah, that's me." It was from our senior ditch day. I sure wish I could still wear a bikini! Oh well! I kind of wished my kids were there so they could see #1 that I was young once, and #2 I am fun. I feel kind of old and washed up after celebrating my 38th birthday! I think my kids think the same. Anyway, that's what I've been up to...a lot of poking in the past. I hear the 30's are hard and the 40's are better. Here's to better days ahead!
Love you all,
Janice

1 comment:

Joanna Christiansen said...

You are definitely NOT old and washed up! I didn't go to my ten year HS reunion because I thought it would be weird, I'll probably go to the 20th. I'm glad you found a friend to go with you.