Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

I am trying REALLY hard to get into the spirit of Christmas season. I want it to be filled with giving, and fun, and coziness and nostalgia. I am, however, a person with high expectations which are bound to be disappointed. I know I do this, yet I cannot help myself! I would much rather anticipate something grand than expect something boring. It's much more fun to build up something and be let down than do nothing and expect nothing. Don't ya think? In this effort, I found my favorite book to read at Christmastime. It is Shepherd's Abiding, by Jan Karon. I've read the Mitford Series and I believe it's #8. It centers around Christmas. It's my favorite. I love that series because it's like a cup of hot cocoa. It's safe, and good, and the people are likeable. I would love to live in Mayberry (A.K.A. Mitford) and be a part of such a place. When I read it, I get to be there in my head. That's the great thing about reading! Anyway, I'll let you know how the high expectations go.....Only 19 days till we leave....Yippee! I need to get out of here!

Love,
Janice

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on Mayberry. I'll move there with you.
Meanwhile... glad your trip is getting closer!