Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Letter!



If you already read this regularly, you won't get one of these in your Christmas card because I'm putting it here. You probably know all the information anyway, but , here it is nonetheless.




December 16, 2007

Hi Dear Ones!

We hope we are finding you well and enjoying a very special Christmas season! Life at the Shepard house is always interesting!

We have had a good year. Lauren and Brooklyn turned 4 in March. Kyle turned 8. Also in March we took a trip to Legoland. The girls liked it, but said that next time they would like to go to Barbieland instead! We went to the beach and Ruby’s on the pier. It was fun. Our kids like hotels (they take after their Mom!).

In June, Noah turned 10! I can’t believe how old he looks! He is a fifth-grader now and Kyle is a third-grader. The girls will go to kindergarten in fall 2008.

Our niece, Amber, got married in July. Lauren and Brooklyn were flower girls and Kyle was the ring-bearer. Noah was in charge of the gift table with his cousin, Eli. It was a beautiful wedding and it was so fun to have the kids in it!

At the end of July we went to Washington for a month! It was heaven. We saw Janice’s parents, our Anacortes friends, and had a wonderful time. Andrew and I spent the last week of our Washington trip on a cruise to Alaska. We left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa. The kids had a great time at their house. Lauren keeps saying she wants to go back to Washington and play with her Washington toys.

This Fall I (Janice) started to substitute teach. I only do it sometimes for my friends. I did finish my CLAD certificate so that I can teach again in the future. I also began to sell Mary Kay for fun. I really like it and it’s nice to get out of the house! Andrew is still working for Loma Linda University and also taking x-rays to make ends meet. Next fall, he is starting his Master’s Degree! UGH!

Our latest news is that we got a puppy! He is a golden retriever named Riley. He is cute and sweet and perfect, except, he got stepped on and it broke his leg….so he is mending, but is still cute and sweet!

That’s about it for us! Now you are up to date! You can read our blog about our latest antics at http://janifay.blogspot.com/ and feel free to leave comments! Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers this Christmas season! We pray God’s blessings on each one of you, and join you in celebrating Christ’s birth!

Love to you all,

Andrew, Janice, Noah, Kyle, Lauren and Brooklyn Shepard

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE getting your family news! Hope you're gearing up for a great Christmas!!!

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you, definitely not the same having everybody so far apart. I love you guys, Merry Christmas.