Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Lady In Waiting....

I am a lady in waiting. I'm waiting and waiting for information. Honestly, it's getting rather tiring. This Tuesday, March 10, I will FINALLY by meeting with the oncologist. I will then know the whos, whens, hows, and whys of my condition. The Dr. that gave me the bad news didn't tell me much. Since then I have gotten a bone scan (which was clear), a PET CT scan (for tumors), a heart scan, a genetic test, and a MRI. I will get the results of these other tests and hopefully find out when chemotherapy will start. We are praying that everything comes back fine and the cancer has stayed put. My Dad has been here for nearly three weeks and it has been heavenly. I haven't had to worry about the kids and I've had company for some tests so I didn't have to go alone. I am very grateful for that! Thanks Dad! Thanks Mom for living without him for so long! My Dad goes home on Wed. :( but on the brighter side, my brother comes on Thurs....and my Mom won't be long in following him so I won't be alone too much! We are looking forward to seeing them!

Well, that's it for now. I will update more later, and hopefully have something better to write about than stupid cancer!
Thanks for praying! It's really helping!
Love,
Janice

P.S. We set up a CaringBridge site for those interested in up-to-date information on my cancer treatment so I don't always have to talk about it here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll check out that site. Still praying, for you and for Andrew and the kids as you go through this. So glad your extended family is keeping you company.
Love ya!

Chicky said...

Hoping for the best possible results...will see you soon!

Deanna