Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm Living In Luxury!

This morning the sound of someone's diesel truck (you know the big loud trucks families drive today that run on diesel) woke me up. It was about 6:20am and they were dropping off their child at my neighbor's daycare next door. At about 6:30 am I heard another diesel truck drop off their child. It made me feel sad for those kids to have to get up so early. I was thinking of my own children and how they get to sleep in their own bed until they wake up naturally...what a luxury. I was also trying to imagine getting up a family so early to be somewhere by 6:20! To me that's unimaginable! My kids have to leave by 8:30 (another luxury!) Our school is around the corner, so they do not have far to go! There have been many times (far too many I'm ashamed to say) that I have questioned why I decided to stay home. Many times it feels like suffering (not enough money, driving an old car, having to actually save for something) but today it felt like a luxury. Today I'm grateful that my kids woke up at their regular time, I got to make them breakfast, and I got to send them off to school. I thank God for the perspective of my early morning wake-up call. Yep, I'm living in luxury.....and they may not know it, but my kids are too.

Love to you all from the lady of leisure,
Janice

1 comment:

Muddlin' Mother said...

You hit the nail on the head, Janice. You can feel 'guilt' if you want because you are blessed to stay home with your family. There is no more important job in the world than raising one's children; where in the world did this get lost in our society? And where in the world did it become wrong to want to have children? There is a 'season' for everything, and it makes me sad that so many families squander these years with their children in pursuit of other things that they think will make them feel happy and fulfilled, when in fact, the answer is right there inside their house.

Love and blessings,

Mother of 4 and 1/2 Karen : )